I'm a Software Engineer and Computer Science student from Sydney, Australia.
In case you missed it, my name is Michael Kilbane. I’m a Graphic Designer and Computer Science student from Sydney, Australia.
As I steadily progress through my penultimate year at the University of Wollongong, I’m constantly looking for new ways to challenge myself. If you have an internship or employment opportunity you think I’d be interested in, be sure to hit me up.
Here are some technologies I’ve been working with recently:
- HTML & CSS
- FUSION LABS & HITACHI
- WOLLONGONG IT SOCIETY
- SHIRE FARMERS MARKET
- Worked in TypeScript and React to deliver several client projects.
- Developed build tooling to speed up development and encourage adherence to DRY principles.
- Created user interface designs using Figma.
- Conducted industry research into the provided problem area, identifying pain points and possible business opportunities.
- Worked in a team of four, going from broad idea to pitch deck and prototype in two months.
- Inducted as part of the first phase in Hitachi's accelerator program.
- Learned and applied key design principles.
- Employed the use of various web technologies.
- Worked effectively with stakeholders to produce high quality end products.
- Led the organisation of a multidisciplinary hackathon entitled Hackagong, playing key roles in the event’s technical and promotional aspects.
- Developed both front and back end of website, implementing provided business logic.
- Managed online presence and created content for social media profiles.
- BACHELOR OF COMP SCI
- DIPLOMA OF IT
- Majoring in Software Engineering and Big Data.
- Current Weighted Average Mark of 78.
- Received a Distinction or above in majority of completed classes.
- Received 3 Distinctions, and 3 High Distinctions.
- Equivalent to first year of Bachelor of Computer Science course.
I’m currently open to any internship or employment opportunities, so please keep me in mind for any open positions you may have.